Things To Know Before You Get Your Eyebrows DoneJanuary 3, 2017
Semi-Permanent Or Temporary Lashes: What To Do?January 24, 2017
So you are looking for a spry tan. Regular tanning is no longer considered safe, so getting a tan from a can is the way to go.
But before you come for a spray tan session, there are things you should do to prepare.
- Prepare as well as you can: Shower the day before you come to your session and if you can exfoliate, your skin will be prepared so you don’t get patches and streaks. Shave at the end of your shower, once your hair follicles have softened. Remember that shaving after your spray session will only strip away the color quicker.
- Shower well before but not before: Of course you want to be at your best in front of a therapist. But when you take a warm shower or bath, your pores are larger, so the tanning solution will create dark spots. As your pores seal, the solution gets trapped and you end up with visible tanning marks. Showering the same day is fine, just be sure to do it at least four hours before your appointment.
- Don’t wear makeup: This one is easy. A clean face will hold the tan and makeup will wash t off when you wash the makeup off. So come clean.
- Don’t wear deodorant: Another barrier. Under the arms will be blocked and it just won’t look right when you wear sleeveless tops and bathing suits.
- Give it time: You will get dark before you get light. So if you think the therapist overdid it then she probably did it right.
- Wait for results after your shower: Wait at least eight hours before your first shower! Once you do wash up, you’re going to notice that the water looks muddy — this is just the cosmetic bronzing solution used in the tan that allows the technician to know where they are spraying.
- Moisturize: After your first shower, start moisturizing daily to maintain your tan. Just be sure to stay away from oil-based moisturizers, as they can strip away your tan and that’s not good.
- Don’t like it? Then swim: If you don’t like your tan, the chlorine in the water will strip away the spray tan.